Lady Warrior Softball Team Faces a Tough Week

The Lady Warrior softball team struggle against challenging schools
Image/Graphics by Cheri Cantolina
Team stands together post game to talk about how they performed

The Lady Warrior Softball team had a hard week, playing two games. To start off the week, on Monday, the Warriors played away at Claysburg Kimmel. The Warriors struggled throughout the whole game to make contact with the ball. Madison Butler hit a double for the Warriors.The Warriors struggled offensively, but were able to make some good defense plays. Makenna Moore and Madison Nelson pitched for the Warriors. The Warriors lost the game 10-0 in the bottom of the fifth inning.

The Warriors then continued the week to move onto Juniata Valley away on Tuesday . The Warriors started off the game rough losing 11-2 in the fifth inning. The Warriors could not pull through to get the win, but had a very good offensive inning. Kamryn MacTavish was a standout player for the Warriors having a three run home run in the heavy offensive inning for the Warriors.West Branch batted from the top to the bottom of the batting order in that inning scoring 7 runs against Juniata Valley. The Lady Warriors were not able to complete the game and fight back to make it. The final score of the game was 11-9. 

Head Coach Dan Betts says, “Weather hasn’t been kind to us as far as outside practice time, but the team has battled in our games so far and what we have shown in spurts as a team makes me excited to see what the team can accomplish by season’s end.”

The Warriors were scheduled to play away at Williamsburg this past Thursday; due to weather the game got canceled. The Warriors are now scheduled to play the Lady Pirates on April 25th. 

In the upcoming week the Lady Warriors play Bishop Guilfoyle home on Monday, Curwensville away on Tuesday, and Bucktail home on Thursday. The Lady Warriors now have an overall record of 4-1. Their record in the Moshannon Valley league is now 1-1.