Male Athlete of the Week: Nick Stavola

Wide receiver Nick Stavola was selected as Male Athlete of the Week for his outstanding performance that helped the football team defeat the Vikings.
Nick Stavola running with the ball in an away game against Curvensville.
Image/Graphics by Jenna Mertz

Nick Stavola was selected as Warrior Watch’s Male Athlete of the Week, ending on 10/21/23. Nick is a senior on the West Branch Warrior football team. As a wide receiver for the Warriors, he had a stellar game on Senior Night, leading the team to a comeback victory over the Glendale Vikings. His big catch early in the game sparked the Warriors’ offense and helped them secure the win. He also had a long touchdown and a clutch catch on the third and long. 

Although Nick performed exceptionally on Friday, this didn’t come out of nowhere. Coach Nines said, “He worked really hard in the off-season, and it definitely was on display with his big catch that started the comeback.” Coach Nines also said,” I am very proud of Nick. He has worked for everything he has achieved and has been the definition of a team player throughout.”

Facts About Nick:

Grade: 12 

Parents: Jessica Stavola and Tyler Newpher 

Siblings: Addy, Joseph, Charlotte, James, Aaron, John, and Olivia

Favorite restaurant: Red Lobster

Favorite football memory: 7v7s football tournament during the summer

Age started playing: 9