Meet Our Newest Teacher, Mrs. Nines

Katlyn Folmar, Author

Mrs. Nines is a new face at West Branch this year. She teaches Geometry to students with enthusiasm for the subject. Mrs. Nines is a friendly face looking down the back hall every day. When asked why she chose to come to teach at West Branch her response was “I believe it was a great opportunity for my family.  It was also evident from the beginning that every individual I met demonstrated genuine kindness and friendliness that appeared contagious.”. Mrs. Nines also demonstrates the kindness to all of her students she references in her response.

Mrs. Nines enjoys sports like many of our students at West Branch, in particular, she loves all sports teams in Pittsburgh (football, baseball, hockey, college basketball). When it comes to hobbies, Mrs. Nines stated that she enjoys, “Spending time with my family; from impromptu adventures, playing at a playground, hiking through the woods, making messes or having a dance party…it is about the little things in life and making memories that last a lifetime”. 

Mrs. Nines has been married to her husband Mike for eight years and they have two sons, the youngest, Rowan, who is two and a half she describes him as “her troublemaker with straight brown hair”. Her other son Ryker is four years old and is described by Mrs. Nines as “her strong-willed preschooler with curly blonde hair”.

Before Mrs. Nines came to West Branch, she taught at Central Mountain High School for five years where she served as the advisor of the Genisis club.  Prior to her teaching experience at Central Mountain, Mrs. Nines was an educator at Great Mills High School in southern Maryland where she coached the girls’ soccer team.

Mrs. Nines sends the message to everyone that she is looking forward to having a good school year and sends a “Go Warriors” to all of the students.