Fuyl Charging Stations

The Rundown
A Fuyl charging station stands a little over five feet tall in the cafeteria.

New additions have been made to the cafeteria and library as of recently. Marked by a green sign that reads “Charge Your Device Here”, one can assume that it’s a charging station. Something that might be seen at a place such as mall, has now made an appearance at our school due to a grant. Run by what resembles a raspberry pi (a mini computer) and just a little power, the Fuyl charging station is here to make a student’s life just a little more convenient.

The charging station is fairly easy to navigate itself, and with an instructional video on the way, it won’t take long before all students will be wanting to fill up the lockers. Here’s the rundown on how to use the Fuyl charging station.

Immediately upon walking up to a charging station, one will notice that the available lockers are slightly popped open and will not close unless the locker of choice is selected and secured with a passcode. Passcodes that are entered in numeric order or repeated digits will not be accepted and will have to be re-entered with a new passcode of choice before the locker will lock. One will not be able to choose a locker that is already taken and a passcode that is entered incorrectly three times will result in a one-minute lockout. Unplugging the charging station will not reset all the passcodes and unlock all the lockers–we tried so you don’t have to. To unlock the locker, select the number of the locker and the passcode will be asked of the user. Once the passcode is entered, the locker will unlock and the student can grab their devices. Inside of the locker, there is a USB port and outlet for the convenience of those who may have forgotten their wall adapter. It also means two things can be charged at once through the USB port and standard outlet. If a password is forgotten once a student returns to get his or her device, he or she can speak to Ms. Folmar, the school librarian, who can then unlock his or her locker for him or her. If a password is forgotten in the cafeteria, a trip down to tech will be needed to unlock his or her locker.