10th Grades Trip to the CCCTC

Image/Graphics by Mercedes Nearhood

Mercedes Nearhood, Author

On Wednesday, October 24th the 10th-grade classes from West Branch Area High School went on a field trip to the Clearfield County Career and Technology Center (CCCTC) in Clearfield. The CCCTC has many programs to offer from Information Technology (IT) to Collision repair to Culinary Arts and Digital Media arts and several other programs. The students had the opportunity to tour each of these programs and got to see what each program had to offer.

The students were broken off into 4 groups and each group had a tour guide. All the groups toured around to each of the programs for 10 minutes each and learned a little bit about each program what it had to offer. A couple of the students got to mix paint in the collision repair shop.  They also learned that it takes 3 gallons to paint one car. Then in the carpentry program, the students raced to see who could hammer down 3 nails the fastest. Some of them even got to put a stone on a stone wall in the masonry shop. (pictures below). The culinary program provided the students with a wonderful lunch of salad, chicken tenders, and fresh cut fries.

Completed applications are due in the guidance office on Thursday, November 8th.  Students will find out early 2019 if they were accepted into the program they applied to.