Warrior Baseball Looks to Make a Statement with Young Roster

Image/Graphics by Shelly Milliron
The Warrior baseball letterwinners pose for a picture at Meet the Warriors.

The 2017-2018 season ended with disappointment and frustration, as the Warriors only won three games, with two against the same opponent. With that being said, many young players were able to get an abundance of playing time. A winning season wouldn’t have produced that. So although the win tally wasn’t what the Warriors had hoped for, many players are coming into the 2018-2019 season with experience.

The Warriors return seven letterwinners- Seniors Josh Cantolina and John Milliron, Juniors Ayden Gutierrez, Eddie Dale, Luke Guenot, and Tommy Buck, and Sophomore Doug Kolesar. The team will rely on this group to lead on and off the field.

As a collective, our attitude has been noticeably better.

— Tommy Buck

Also coming back this season is junior Cody Cox and sophomores Kyle Moore and Joe Trimpey. Trimpey missed most of last season to a knee injury, and is hoping to make a big impact this season. Six freshman have joined the club as well, as Zack Tiracorda, Anthony Gugliemi, Michael Fester, Owen Graham, Brad Wood, and Michael Frey.

“We’re looking to win more games this year,” said Eddie Dale. “I believe this should be attainable due to the large number of returning players and leaders from last year’s squad.”

Tommy Buck added, “We look to have big improvements on and off the field. We are a close knit group. We all support each other, whether we’re on the field or on the bench.”