Envirothon Winners!!!

Pictured is (left to right): Morgan Emigh, Quinten McGuire, Derek Yingling, Ayden Gutierez, and Thomas Kovalick 2117.jpeg May 17, 2019 19 KB 320 by 240 pixels Edit Image Delete Permanently Alt Text Describe the purpose of the image (opens in a new tab). Leave empty if the image is purely decorative.Title 2117 Caption Pictured is: Morgan Emigh, Quinten McGuire, Derek Yingling, Ayden Gutierez, and Thomas Kovalick.
Image/Graphics by Photo Courtesy of Phil Wood

On Tuesday, May 7th West Branch High School took home 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place overall, along with 2nd place overall for the middle school teams, for the Envirothon competition.

The A team including Ayden Gutierez, Morgan Emigh, Quinten McGuire, Thomas Kovalick, and Derek Yingling called the Enviro”mentals”, took home 1st place overall and Quinten McGuire took home 1st place in forestry. This team will be advancing to states at the end of May. They also took home the otter for the 12th time!

The B team the “Water Pennies” including Elizabeth Blake, Trinity Prestach, Mercedes Nearhood, Taylor McGuire, and Elena Hansloven. They took home 3rd place overall and Taylor McGuire won 1st place in wildlife.

The C team, the “Water Striders”, including Olivia Blasko, Noah Fry, Paige Washic, Riley Sabol, and Katlyn Folmar. This team won 2nd place overall, Paige Washic won 1st place in soils and Noah Fry won 1st place in aquatics. The water striders got a free subscription to Fish and Boat magazines.

The 8th team including Matthew Erich, Katrina Cowder, Jenna Mertz, Noah Emigh took home 2nd place overall.

The 7th grade including Destiney Koppenhaver, Jadyn George, Kayleigh Smeal, Cassidy Frey, and Sara Sabol. They didn’t take anything home but they still worked really hard!