Ayden Gutierrez Signs a Letter of Intent to Play College Football

Ayden+Gutierrez%2C+surrounded+by+his+family%2C+Coach+Hubler%2C+and+Mr.+Williamson%2C+signs+his+letter+of+intent+for+Grove+City+College.++
Back to Article
Back to Article

Ayden Gutierrez, surrounded by his family, Coach Hubler, and Mr. Williamson, signs his letter of intent for Grove City College.

Ayden Gutierrez

Ayden Gutierrez

Ayden Gutierrez

Eleyna Hanslovan, Assistant Editor

On Thursday, January 23rd, Ayden Gutierrez, three-sport athlete at West Branch, committed to Grove City College to play football starting with the 2020 fall season. Ayden has always had a goal to be a college athlete and pursue the sports that he loves. He stepped into the role as starting quarterback in his junior year and was a team captain this past season. Ayden signed his letter of intent for football, but he is planning on playing baseball at Grove City as well.

Ayden said, “Grove City was a perfect fit for me in all aspects. As soon as I stepped on campus for the first time, I knew right away that I could live there for four years. I really respect the coaching staff and am really impressed with how they’ve turned the program around. I noticed how they genuinely cared about me as a person, not just an athlete, which really stood out to me. Overall, it gives me the best chance to grow academically, athletically, and allows me to further my faith.”