Trinity Prestash’s 100th Goal

Image/Graphics by Angie Fenush
Lady Warriors posing for a picture with a 100 balloon

On Wednesday, October 14, Trinity Prestash was able to achieve 100 varsity goals with the Lady Warrior Soccer team. This accomplishment was not reached overnight though, as Trinity has dedicated her time to soccer since she was three. When she first started playing soccer, she played up an age group with her older sister. In sixth grade, she began playing travel soccer and has been playing club ever since. Trinity did not claim the achievement all to herself though. She mentioned a quote she loves by USWNT player Abby Wambach: “I’ve never scored a goal in my life without getting a pass from someone else.” This quote means a lot to her because she said it is profoundly true. She continued to say, “Sarah makes a great save in the back, defense works to bring it up, midfield distributes the ball, the wingers and forwards work to cross the ball in, this truly is a team accomplishment as well.” She also thanked her family, teammates, and coaches for making this possible. Her hope is that her achievement will inspire future West Branch athletes to try hard and beat her record. Trinity plans to continue her soccer career in college and even coach a youth team eventually.

On behalf of the West Branch community, congratulations Trinity!