Staff Member of the Month

Image/Graphics by Carrie Peterson

Mrs. Hanslovan poses for a photo before beginning a new school day.

The Warrior Watch Staff has chosen Ronda Hanslovan as Staff Member of the Month of October 2020. Mrs. Hanslovan is an English teacher and the Student Government advisor at West Branch. We would like to recognize her for all of the ambition and dedication she has put forth over the past 19 years.

Mrs. Hanslovan is an alumnus of the Bellwood-Antis High School Class of 1989. She participated in several clubs and activities such as field hockey, cheerleading, yearbook, and drama. Following high school, Mrs. Hanslovan pursued her love for literature at Penn State. Some inspiration for Mrs. Hanslovan’s career began with the English teachers early in her life. Post-graduation from college, Mrs. Hanslovan taught at a Drug Rehabilitation Center in 1994. Prior to working at West Branch, she also taught at Central High School and Philipsburg-Osceola High School. Mrs. Hanslovan began working at West Branch in 2001. She says that some challenges that come with her career include: “Not having enough time, and trying to give my students my best under every circumstance.”

Under these unprecedented times, we are all adapting and trying to manage time. Mrs. Hanslovan spends much of her time with her children, pets, and going to the girls’ soccer games. Mrs. Hanslovan’s three children, Mark, Samantha, and Eleyna, are all former and current students of West Branch. She also enjoys free time at home by binging Netflix documentaries and shows in the mystery or cold case genre. 

A huge thank you and much appreciation to Mrs. Hanslovan for being such a talented and hardworking teacher of West Branch over the years!