WB Students Show Off Their Pets

Image/Graphics by Various Students
Pets, like cats or dogs, can be very important in people’s lives.

Pets can play an important role in many people’s lives. It has been shown that pets help people with health-related issues such as lowering blood pressure and anxiety. Some people are lucky enough to experience a special bond with their pets. Animals can become an important part of the family and are more than just a pet.  A couple of students shared with me their favorite things about their special companions.

Freshman Shalyn Eaton has a dog named Bruiser. Bruiser is a pitbull-boxer mix. Her dog has been a part of her family for eight years. Shalyn says, “My favorite thing about him is that even though he’s getting old he still acts like a puppy.”

Bruiser
Bruiser

Sophomore Gabriel McCamley’s father’s cat, Kali, has been a part of their family for about 19 years. Their cat is a calico cat. Gabriel says, “My favorite thing is just relaxing with her.”

Kali
Kali

A retriever labrador mix dog is a very special member of the Koleno family.  Freshman Olivia Koleno has had her dog Stryker for 6 years. Olivia said her favorite thing about Stryker is that “he loves to aggressively swing open my door at any given time, but won’t do it to my brother.”

Stryker
Stryker

Destiny Nearhood, a senior, has a cat named Pumpkin. Her cat has been a part of her family for two years. She says, “my favorite thing about her is how much a goofball she is.”

Pumpkin
Pumpkin

From my experience, I couldn’t imagine life without a pet. I have two dogs, four cats, and a bunny at home. I feel like in my opinion, having a pet makes my life more enjoyable.