Male Athlete Senior Spotlight – Hayes Jones

Image/Graphics by Heather Jones
Hayes Jones has been selected Male Senior Spotlight for the week of 2/1/21.

Hayes Jones has been selected for Male Senior Spotlight for the week of 2/1/21. Hayes is a three-sport athlete. The sports that he is involved in include cross country, track and field, and wrestling. Wrestling is Jones’s top sport overall, as he has been wrestling since he was in 5th grade and has improved amazingly over the years. Cross country is another sport Jones is in, which he has been doing for three years. His best year in cross country was his first year when he ran a 19:08 at the ICC meet at Mt. Union High School. Hayes has put in lots of effort and dedication in order to get faster each year during cross country. Hayes also has three years on track and field as well. He joined track in ninth grade and will participate in his final season of track in the spring. In track and field, Hayes competes in the 4x800m, the 400m, and the 4x400m. Jones is very hardworking and efficient at practices and meets to ensure better performance at sporting events. Hayes Jones is a senior of the 2021 class and has shown dedication, effort, and awesome performances in all of the sports he competes in. 

Facts About Hayes:

Grade: 12

Parents: Ben and Heather Jones

Future Plans: Go to the Air Force and find a job in law enforcement.

Favorite Clothing: Sweatpants, Hoodies, and Beanies

Favorite Beverage: Pure Leaf Extra Sweet Tea

Would you rather have eagle vision or enhanced smell: “I would rather have eagle vision.”

Favorite TV show: Rick and Morty