Staff Member of the Month: Kim Hubler

Image/Graphics by Kaitlyn McGonigal
Mrs. Hubler in her office counting down the days until her last day of school.

Warrior Watch’s Staff Member of April is Mrs. Kim Hubler. She has been a dedicated and productive member of the West Branch community for 25 years.

Mrs. Hubler graduated from Purchase Line High School in 1982. Through her years as a Red Dragon, she participated in softball, volleyball, cheerleading, and student government. Following high school, Mrs. Hubler attended Indiana University of Pennsylvania and earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in 1986.

Before working at West Branch, Mrs. Hubler taught preschool and was a Drug and Alcohol Counselor. However, with persuasion and inspiration from her mentor, Stanley Bem, she transitioned to a school counselor. Mrs. Hubler began her time at West Branch in 1997 after completing her Master of Education. Since then, she has been a key coordinator for the school by organizing testing, senior awards, and other meetings. As a counselor who works with both students and teachers, Mrs. Hubler is challenged by helping uninterested students, handling social media disruptions, and providing students with all the resources they need. Despite these obstacles, she has watched many students succeed after graduation. 

One of Mrs. Hubler’s accomplishments is building the career education plan at West Branch. The program had not been in place when she arrived, but former superintendent Dr. Lowery and Mrs. Hubler took the initiative to make it happen. At the time, West Branch was years ahead of the state-mandated program. The career education plan allows students to explore post-secondary options and how to prepare for their future. Mrs. Hubler visits classrooms several times per year to give students the guidance needed to succeed after high school. 

Outside of being a guidance counselor, Mrs. Hubler still spends much of her time at The Branch. She enjoys watching sporting events and says she has gained an understanding of wrestling. At home and work, she is accompanied by Mr. Gary Hubler, one of West Branch’s assistant football coaches and former Phys. Ed teacher, Athletic Director, and Dean of Students. The couple got married a year before Mr. Hubler retired. They have a blended family of five children and ten grandchildren who participate in various events. Mrs. Hubler is a volunteer at Gethsemane United Methodist Church and other locations. She has a busy schedule from balancing work, volunteering, and babysitting. 

Congratulations to Warrior Watch’s Staff Member of April, Mrs. Hubler! Warrior Watch sends tremendous thanks and appreciation to Mrs. Hubler for her extensive hours and commitment to our school over the years. Come June 2022, she will retire from West Branch with 25 years of service to our community. With retirement around the corner, Mrs. Hubler exclaims, “Twenty-five years ago, I came to WB and said I was a Red Dragon for life. Now, I am leaving a Warrior!”

• Mrs. Hubler in 1998

• Mrs. Hubler in 1999

• Mrs. Hubler in 2001