Female Athlete of the Week: Sarah Guglielmi

Sarah Guglielmi is a strong force on both sides of the ball for the Lady Warrior Basketball team.
Image/Graphics by Ashley Mertz
Sarah dribbles the ball down the court on a fast break against Northern Cambria.

Sarah Guglielmi, a sophomore, has been named the Female Athlete of the Week of Warrior Watch for the week ending 01/21/23. Sarah has been a steady contributor on offense and defense for the Lady Warrior Basketball team this season. During the girls’ basketball game last week against Nothern Cambria, Sarah dropped 17 points for the Lady Warriors. She also added eight points to the scoreboard against Mount Union earlier in the week. 

Coach Koleno said, “Other players and coaches knew Sarah had the ability to have a breakout game offensively. She did most of the damage this week in transition, but she can score in multiple ways. This won’t be the last time she puts up big numbers. She is just a sophomore starting to cash in on the minutes she had as a freshman. We expect big things from her in the future.”

Facts about Sarah:

Parent(s): Brian Guglielmi and Stephanie Emigh
Sibling(s): Anthony, Grace, and Charlie
Pet(s): Two dogs named Reggie and Millie
Favorite Fast Food: Wendy’s
Favorite Basketball Memory: When Coach Koleno griddied into the locker room.