Male Athlete of the Week

Image/Graphics by Photo courtesy of Stephanie Hoover Emigh
Warriors hurler, Ayden Gutierrez, checks the baserunner at 2nd before delivering a rocket.

Ayden Gutierrez has been selected as the Warrior Watch’s Male Athlete of the Week for the week ending on 5/5/19. Ayden threw five and 2\3 innings of relief, striking out eight batters en route to a win against the Knights of Moshannon Valley.  This was Ayden’s second win of the year.  He also dominated at the plate recording 2 hits and 2 walks.  Ayden and the Warriors look to clinch a playoff spot as they must defeat both Northern Cambria and Bellwood-Antis in their final two games of regular season play.

Facts about Ayden…

Parent’s Names:  Samantha and Tom Lannen

Sibling(s):  Jess and Hansen

Sports he plays:  Football, Basketball, and Baseball

How did you first get involved in baseball:  Started playing minor league at age 5

Favorite professional baseball team:  Boston Red Sox

Favorite professional baseball player:  David Ortiz

What is your favorite part of baseball:  Baseball is timeless…you always have a chance to win the game.

What is your greatest memory of playing high school baseball:  Warriors vs Moshannon Valley win on Thursday (5/2/19).  It was a complete team win against one of our rivals.  We had a lot on the line, and for us to push through twelve innings to win by one run really showed how much progress we have made as a baseball program.

What advice would you give to younger baseball players:  Always believe in yourself and maintain a positive attitude.  Baseball is a humbling game; you’re going to fail more times than not.

What are your future goals:  Study broadcast journalism in college and to continue to play baseball.