Our Amazing Silk Squad

Raven Myers, silk squad co-leader, was extremely pleased with their performance. After the Friday night halftime performance two weeks ago, tears and smiles were spread across many faces. I was able to speak with three of our own silk squad members.

The girls shared that they successfully completed their difficult “Great Balls of Fire” act. This routine was choreographed by band front adviser, Melody Bell. Squad Captain, Carrie Fuller, has created many of their other performances, such as “Firework” by Katy Perry. Their job was to “make it as flashy and sassy as can be” Myers said. Plenty will agree this goal was accomplished.

Other squad leaders include Sarah Sabol and Bethany Coudriet. Sabol declared that they learned this certain act throughout their two weeks of band camp and are continuing to thrive. Sarah also twirls baton in her free time. She believes it would be fun if she were able to be a part of both Silks and Majorettes. All of the girls are proud of what they and the band have accomplished. We can’t wait to see what they have in store for us in the future.

Be sure to check out the band on Friday nights during halftime, at the L.T. Drivas Memorial Field!