Female Athlete of the Week: Katrina Cowder

Katrina Cowder has been a steady contributor for the Lady Warriors in the early part of the season.
Image/Graphics by Manning Photography
Katrina Cowder is a leader on the volleyball court and a major contributor to the team’s success.

Katrina Cowder is Warrior Watch’s Female Athlete of the Week for the week ending on 9/10/22. She is a junior on the Lady Warrior Volleyball team and the starting middle hitter who has played a vital role in the team’s 2-0 record. Last season as a sophomore, Katrina was named to the Pennsylvania Volleyball Coaches Association (PVCA) first-team all-state. In their 3-0 win over Mount Union, Katrina led the Lady Warriors with seventeen kills, eight service points, five blocks, and four aces. 

Junior teammate Brooklyn Myers says, “Katrina is a big-time point scorer for our team. In a troubled situation I know I can give her the ball and she will always give us a point. Katrina is an all-around player for our team. She gets kills, blocks, aces, and recently been getting digs in the back row for us.” 

Facts About Katrina Cowder:

Grade: 11

Parents: Valerie Hanslovan

Future Plans: Go to college to play volleyball and eventually become a Physician Assistant

Favorite Food: Chicken Alfredo

Favorite Restuarant: Olive Garden

Pre-Game Ritual: The gameday bun and green pre-wrap

Favorite Volleyball Memory: District Semifinal win freshmen year