Lady Warrior Soccer Recap 2022

The Lady Warriors conclude their season after falling short in the District Playoffs.
Image/Graphics by Angie Fenush
Lady Warrior Soccer team gets together after losing District semi-finals for one last picture.

After a hard-fought season and a chance in the District 6 Playoffs, the Lady Warrior Soccer team wrapped up their 2022 season with a (14-5) record.

The team lost nine seniors from last season. Losing over three-fourths of their starting lineup, the Lady Warriors had an almost entirely new lineup for the new season. They also added three freshmen to the roster: Natalie Yingling, Sydney Sankey, and Alexa Prestash.

The season started tough when they lost their first game in overtime to the Bellefonte Raiders. Nevertheless, the Lady Warriors moved on to their kickoff tourney the following weekend. They picked up a win against Clarion, putting them in the finals, where they lost a close match to State College. The Lady Warriors faced Northern Bedford the same week, giving them another loss and making their record (1-3) for their first four games.

The Lady Warriors picked up the momentum for their fifth game, beating Everett 11-0. The Lady Warriors then went on an eight-game winning streak in the midseason for four weeks. Unfortunately, their winning streak ended when the Lady Warriors lost a close game to Northern Bedford, losing 4-3.

The Lady Warriors picked up several more wins after their devastating loss to Northern Bedford, going on another winning streak of five games until they faced an unfortunate loss to their rival Bishop Guilfoyle. The Lady Warriors previously had beaten Bishop Guilfoyle in their regular season game but could not hold them off for a second time.

The Lady Warriors entered districts as the second seed for the District 6 Single A championships and were defending three-time District Champions. Unfortunately, the Lady Warriors fell to Bishop Guilfoyle, the third seed, which concluded the season. Sarah Gugliemi, a sophomore on the Lady Warrior Soccer team, says, “I am very excited to see what the next season holds for the team since we will have several returning players.”

After the season ended, Erin Godin and Emmie Parks earned the title of ICC (Inter-County Conference) All-Stars.