Lady Warrior Volleyball Season Comes to an End

The Lady Warriors complete their season by earning 2nd place at the District 6 State Championship.
Image/Graphics by Matthew Eirich
The Lady Warrior Volleyball team comes together after a point.

On November 19th, the Lady Warrior Volleyball team wrapped up their season by falling to Maplewood in three sets at the District 6 State Championship. The Lady Warriors had a history-making season by beating Sacred Heart Academy in the semi-finals, being the farthest the program has ever advanced. The Warriors finished their season with an overall record of 39-4-2 and an ICC record of 14-0.

The Lady Warriors beat Moshannon Valley, Bishop McCort, and Homer Center to win the District 6 title. Then, they defeated Shade, Mount Calvary Christian, and Sacred Heart Academy to make it to the State Championship game. After they completed the season, many Warrior Volleyball players earned acknowledgments, achievements, and honors.

This season Head Coach Terry Trude received his 700th career win, Katrina Cowder and Marley Croyle reached 500 career kills, and Brooklyn Myers attained her 1000th career assist. Katrina Cowder, Marley Croyle, and Brooklyn Myers qualified under the First ICC All-Star team. Those girls are also among the District 6 First-Team All-Stars, and Matayha Kerin and Shianna Hoover were named District 6 Second-Team All-Stars. They also named Katrina, Marley, and Brooklyn for the Pennsylvania Volleyball Coaches Association (PVCA) All-State Team.

Head Coach Terry Trude says, “We had such a memorable season, and there were so many little stories within our season that defined what kind of team we would eventually become.” He explains that at the beginning of the season, several freshmen played influential roles in the team’s early success. Midseason, they were playing five-set matches and gaining the ability to win close match-ups. Every player in the program improved throughout the season, and all players persisted in having big-time moments at critical times throughout the District and State playoffs. The season topped in the PIAA Class A Championship Game, where the girls finished 2nd. Coach Trude concludes, “As a coach, I could not be more proud of every team member for their commitment, hard work, perseverance, and belief that they truly can compete with anyone.”