Female Athlete of the Week: Brooke Bainey

Brooke is a strong contributor to the Lady Warrior Softball team.
Image/Graphics by Tracy Graham
Brooke waits for a pitch in the batter’s box at a previous away game this season.

Brooke Bainey is Warrior Watch’s Female Athlete of the Week, ending on 4/22/2023. This season is Brooke’s second year on the team. She is a junior and plays multiple defensive positions on the Lady Warrior softball team. Those positions include third base, shortstop, and catcher. Brooke has a .361 batting average and a .529 on-base percentage on the season. She has the most RBIs on the season with 14. She also has the most runs for the team with 16 and has steadily contributed to the Lady Warrior’s 10-2 record. Brooke hopes to continue her great season and help the team make it far in playoffs. 

Teammate Hannah Betts says, “Brooke has been huge for us both offensively and defensively. She’s come uo big in a lot of our close games and is always pushing everyone and herself to improve.” 

Facts About Brooke:

Parents: Todd and Angela Bainey 

Favorite food: French fries 

Future Plans: Play softball in college then become a police officer

Pregame Ritual: Trust fall with Mallory

Favorite Softball Memory: Bus rides after games 

Biggest goal for the season: Win districts