Male Athlete of the Week: Tyler Wilson

Tyler Wilson pitches a big game against Saint Joe’s to earn the win.
Image/Graphics by Brooklyn Myers
Tyler Wilson steps into the box to receive the first pitch of an at bat.

Tyler Wilson is Warrior Watch’s Male Athlete of the Week for the week ending on Saturday, May 13th. Last week Tyler had his first start at pitching this season against Saint Joseph’s Academy. Wilson threw five innings and allowed only two earned runs and two unearned, walking only two batters and striking out five. He also came up big for the Warriors offensively with a double. Over the week, Tyler had four hits and six RBIs in four games. He got the win pitching against Saint Joseph’s Academy and came up with a big save late in the game against Glendale. Junior teammate Isaac Tiracorda reflected on Wilson’s performance, “Tyler struggled a bit at the beginning of the season with a lot of strikeouts but now it seems like he has a double almost every game and is third on the team in RBIs.”

Facts about Tyler:

Parents: Dianna Thompson

Siblings:  Nate Thomspon

Favorite Color: Blue

Favorite Food: Pizza

Favorite Restaurant: Olive Garden

Favorite Baseball Memory: My first All-Stars season in Little League.